It is hard to believe this is my last year-end message to you. 32 years of fighting together for immigrant rights.
It has been an enormous privilege. We have accomplished a lot together. Can I ask you one final favor?
Can you dig deep to contribute to our work before year-end?Donate to NIPNLG Today »
Here are just a few reasons why. In 2018, the NIPNLG:
- Filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump for unlawfully ending temporary protected status (TPS) for Haitians, that is heading to trial in 2019
- Had its amicus brief in Dimaya v. Sessions form part of the Supreme Courtâ€™s decision in finding part of the aggravated felony definition unconstitutional
- Exposed huge Fortune 500 companiesâ€™ complicity in developing deportation technology for DHS (Department of Homeland Security), which was covered in the New York Times
- Sued to challenge ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) arrests of immigrant rights activists in violation of their First Amendment rights
- Obtained dismissals of ICE courthouse arrests of domestic violence survivors in Charlotte, NC
- Filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request that exposed Executive Branch misconduct in decision-making, which CNN covered; and
- Supported communities in struggle by being available 24/7 to respond to their legal needs.
Your partnership, our incredibly dedicated and skilled staff, our membersâ€™ support, and our boardâ€™s guidance enabled NIPNLG to achieve these results, and many more, despite being run on a shoestring budget. Rest assured that NIPNLG uses your donation wisely.
Please donate as much as you can this year. I want to ensure a solid financial footing for my successor at this organization that I love, and which I know will continue its principled struggle for justice. Please help us to set a new fundraising record this year.