For over 45 years, the National Immigration Project has designed innovative legal strategies to defend immigrant rights. We are committed to sharing those strategies and innovations via continuing legal education (CLE) seminars for attorneys. This page lists upcoming seminars available to members and non-members nationwide.
Creative Strategies in Fighting Enforcement in the Era of Trump
Wednesday, August 2nd in Washington, D.C.
Please join NIPNLG and an all-star panel of experts at this day-long skills-building seminar
Sponsored by the National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild
Registration - 8:30 a.m. · Program - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Supreme Court updates in crim-imm
- Strategies to challenge your client’s ongoing detention in light of Jennings v. Rodriguez
- Advanced issues in motions to suppress and terminate
- Strategies to obtain discovery in removal proceedings
- Challenging reinstatement of removal and expedited removal
- The role of movement lawyering in the Era of Trump
Six hours of CLE credit anticipated.
NIPNLG membership meeting to follow on August 3. To RSVP, click here
See where else National Immigration Project will be at the 2017 #Law4thePeople NLG Convention below
Pre-AILA Crimes and Immigration Seminar: More Important Than Ever
June 21, 2017 in New Orleans
Fighting Enforcement and Keeping Families Together in the Trump Era
April 28, 2017 in Atlanta, GA
Dan Kesselbrenner (right), Executive Director of the National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild and Manny Vargas (left), Senior Counsel & Founder of the Immigrant Defense Project speaking at the 2016 Crimes & Immigration Seminar in New York City on October 22, 2016.