For over 48 years, the National Immigration Project has designed innovative legal strategies to defend immigrant rights. We are committed to sharing those strategies and innovations via continuing legal education (CLE) seminars for attorneys. This page lists upcoming seminars available to members and non-members nationwide.
Day-long Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Course
Join us and learn innovative strategies to address the Trump administration’s continued assault on immigrant communities and the rule of law.
NIPNLG CLE: Wednesday, October 16, 8:30am - 5:30pm, 21c Hotel, Main Gallery
111 N. Cocoran St., Durham, NC 27701
- Immigration Litigation in Federal Court
- Expedited Removal
- Raids and Motions to Suppress
- Asylum Updates
- Creating a Record and Working with Experts in Immigration Court
- Private Attorney: $325
- Current Members of NIPNLG, NLG, or Minority Bar Associations: $275
- Legal Worker/Non-Profit/Student: $200
(Early Bird Rates have now ended)
Note: When registering online, please do NOT close out of the Login box (“Login with an existing account”). Instead, check to see if you already have a record in our system by typing in your email address. Otherwise, you will create a duplicate record in our system. Thank you!
NIPNLG Annual Membership Meeting: Thursday, October 17, 8:30am - 5:30pm, Durham Marriott City Center [Room TBD].
Exact room location will be published closer to the date-please check back.
- Crim-imm updates
- Asylum and refugee updates and “Remain in Mexico”
- Interior enforcement: trends and updates
- Lunchtime panel (with Ira Kurzban!)
- New frontiers in detention litigation
- Denaturalization and related issues
- Public charge developments and strategies
- Meet NIPNLG’s new leadership — Town Hall-style meeting/Q and A with Sirine Shebaya and Carlos Moctezuma García
Litigation Strategy Session
NIPNLG Litigation Meeting: Friday, October 18, 8:30am - 11:30am, 21c Hotel, Gallery 5
- Strategies for systematically challenging §1325/1326 prosecutions
- Border litigation: latest trends and gaps
- Strategies for protecting immigrant rights activists against retaliation for political activities.
For the NLG conference rate of $189/night please visit https://www.nlg.org/2019-housing/Learn about Lodging Options
CLE Sponsored By
National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild
Please send any questions regarding this event to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in Durham!
Pre-AILA Crimes CLE
Learn more » Download the Program Book »
June 18, 2019 in Orlando, FL
Defiant Immigration Lawyering: Empathy, Audacity, and Skill
Learn more »
March 29, 2019 in San Antonio, TX
Fighting Back in Removal Proceedings and in the Federal Courts
Learn more »
October 31, 2018 in Portland, OR
2018 Pre-AILA Crimes and Immigration Seminar
June 13, 2018 in San Francisco
Seminar Focused on: Using Categorical Approach to Win Your Case · Avoiding Drug Deportability and Inadmissibility · Judicial and Administrative Case Updates and Analysis · Vacating a Criminal Conviction and Establishing Prejudice
2018 Removal Defense Conference and Webcast
Fierce and Fearless Lawyering: Taking it to the Next Level
Thursday, April 12, 2018 in Washington, DC or Via Webcast
A joint venture between AILA, the AILA/Council Immigration Justice Campaign, and the National Immigration Project